- Wie zijn we ?
Based on our experience in academic institutes & organizations (universities & research institutes) we have developed a Leadership Programme for Academic Leaders.
What's your story ?
- Personal preferences (MBTI)
- Discover your personal preferences, qualities, challenges and allergies
- Recognize other people’s preference and broaden the range of people you can work with
- Your 'why'
- Discover and voice what the difference is you want to make to your world
It's all about words.
- Respond, don’t react
- Engage people through respectful but not cautious communication
- Recognize and change interaction patterns
- Share expectations and feedback effectively
- Anticipate and effectively deal with conflicts, crisis, or other difficult situations
Getting things done... as a manager, coach, leader and entrepreneur
- Decide consciously when to “manage” your colleagues and when to “lead” the space
- Delegate responsibilities wisely
- Motivate people to take up their own responsibility and make their own decisions
- Inspire people to identify with the ultimate scientific breakthroughs you are trying to achieve with your research group
- Leading is not about hierarchy. It is about the mandate that you give yourself
Challenge and support for top performance
- Discover your preferred leadership style
- Learn to adapt your leadership style to the needs of your colleagues
- Create a fertile breeding ground for highly skilled professionals (who might become your competitors …)
- Coaching people who sometimes are more expert in their domain than you are
- Increase motivation and commitment within your team
Me and my world
- Positive politics
- Influencing stakeholders to create common ground
- Networking skills and working towards more visibility
Leadership is shared. Building trust, ownership and extraordinary teams
- Teamwork within a group where collaborators come and go; and where funding is far from stable
- Build the team around a compelling purpose
- Put trust and ownership in the team, shared leadership
- Install just enough structure and procedures
- Ensure a respectful but not cautious way of interacting within the team